Thursday 4 September 2014

Dear Joan

Joan Alexandria Molinsky
June 8, 1933 (NYC) - September 4, 2014 (age 81, NYC)
with the late Robin Williams
Dear Joan,
I woke up this morning shocked and devastated at the news of your passing. I, like many other people found you in simple terms; hilarious. But you're more than that:

You're a woman who paved the way for female comediennes. You're a woman who cared about the people around her. You're a women who loved her daughter Melissa and grandson Cooper. You're a woman who sparked conversation. You're a woman who was offensive, but never on the fence. You're a woman who made your Fashion Police co-stars laugh. You're a woman who was a gay icon. You're a woman who was unafraid. You're a woman who inspired. You're a woman who was part of many charities. You're a woman who loved plastic surgery. You're a woman who laughed at yourself, but never self deprecating. You're a woman with one of the hugest hearts. You're a woman who was one of kind. You're a woman who I think about while I get dressed in the morning ("what would Joan think of this outfit?"). You're a woman who made me laugh so hard I cried. You're a woman who was acerbic and crude, but I loved you for it. You're a woman I will never get to know.

Irreverent, but never irrelevant. You spoke your mind and didn't suffer fools.

Joan, I don't want to end this letter because it means saying goodbye, so all I can say to you is: you're one funny, funny lady. I heart you.

From one of the many "Joan Rangers"




with grandson Cooper and daughter Melissa



with her co-stars, Kelly Osbourne, George Kotsiopolous, Giuliana Rancic and guest Jessie J
Celebrities backstage at Jimmy Fallon
with Mike Tyson, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, SJP, Tracy Morgan and Lady Gaga

with Kris Kardashian
Joan Rivers, Oprah Winfrey, Famous Friends
with Oprah

with American designer Michael Kors

with Nicole Kidman

with Fergie
with Kathy Griffin

with Ray J

with Whoopi Goldberg

with Kelly Osbourne


No comments:

Post a Comment