Saturday 23 May 2015

Fashfest Special: 4 Nights, 4 Outfits, 1 Elle


It's hard for anyone to get ready. So when Fashfest time comes, working out what to wear is mind bendingly brain wrecking. I try a lay out the plan a couple of weeks in advance, with pics and flatlays and eye rolling looks from my boyfriend. This year (I missed last year), I had help from the beautiful Annette from Canberra label Dissonance.

Less then 24 hours before opening night, Annette came over to my house and brought over everything she had. But after trying on an amazing leather dress that fit like a glove, it was decided: sculptured look for night one. I wanted an edgy and hard look from head to toe, so I kept it black. Pairing it with a Cue jacket and high ankle boots. It felt so right.  

Night two I was determined to go a little masculine. It was a dream I had involving an Alexander Wang grey tee and black blazer and my thigh high boots. Could I pull that off? The boots were a nightmare, but not the boot's fault. Under my fashionably emotional breakdown, I forgot to pin them to my leggings underneath and spent the night pulling them up. Sad face.

Night three was athletic and very comfortable. Alexander Wang's collaboration with H&M was genius and the oversize grey cropped sweater was warm and attention grabbing. The little flip skirt was also another Wang addition to my look from his T by Alexander Wang label. After two nights of sky-high, I brought myself down to earth with some newly purchased sneakers from Kenneth Cole. 

The final night was very important and it felt the need for sequins. I have had this dress from Karen Millen for a couple of years, it was graciously sold to me by a fellow blogger, but I felt that just wasn't enough. My Cara Delevingne Black Score sweater from Asos deserved to be seen and it was over that dress, with my sparkly Wittner ankle boots, which I wear a lot of. Perfect front row outfit.

Day 1
Dress: Dissonance
Crop Jacket: Cue
Ankle Boots: Wittner

Day 2
T Shirt: T by Alexander Wang
Blazer: Salvo's
Boots: Siren

Day 3
Skirt: T by Alexander Wang
Jumper: Alexander Wang x H&M
Sneakers: Reaction by Kenneth Cole

Day 4
Sequin Cocktail Dress: Karen Millen
Queen Delevingne Sweater: Black Score
Ankle Boots: Wittner

I have to say a special thanks to Annette from Dissonance for trusting me with such an amazing dress. You're class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment