Wednesday 17 September 2014

My Open Letter to FAMOUS

Famous,
I'd like to thank you for turning my moral compass towards not buying magazines like you anymore. I have to admit I had a joyous time reading your mag until I realised it's 99% fiction using real people. 

What really has irked me and caused me to write this open letter on my blog was when I spotted the cover this morning with the title 'Model bosses blast Kendall "You're too fat for the runway" Devastated Kendall ordered to lose 8kg' with 2 pics: one front on shot of Kendall in a two piece on the Tommy Hilfiger runway and the other a side pic of the same two piece with a massive amount of cellulite on her thighs. Keshnee Kemp, you're an editor of a magazine aimed at young women. You have a responsibility. And you are a female yourself. Open your eyes sweetie. 


I have seen many photos of Kendall during New York Fashion Week. For example on the same week (September 10) Kendall was at the launch of a new photographic book she is featured in called 'Angels' by Russell James. Miss Jenner was wearing a tiny skirt. Are you medically telling us it's possible for a fit girl of her age to have cellulite one day and none the next? Are you also telling us it's fair to pick on a teenage girl and saying to the rest of society that its acceptable to put an obviously photoshopped picture of young girl's butt on the cover and fabricate a story for the sake of a sale?   


Do you really think Tommy Hilfiger would allow one of his models to strut down the runway with the amount of cellulite you alleged Kendall had? I think not. And don't you think there would have been an uproar on social media if she god forbid had fat on her? I think so. 

Kendall Jenner isn't the only female you have done this to: Lara Bingle. Which ironically you have an tabloid article about her and a supposed boob job on the same cover. Classy guys. To quote Lara: "perpetuating self doubt in all women in the name of a quick buck".



There is nothing wrong with cellulite. That's not the issue. The issue is your blatant disregard for the truth. Journalists? I think not. Bullies? I think so. 

No cellulite on this ass....





No comments:

Post a Comment